1. Let’s start with the walls. Create some chic and trendy pieces of wall art that will add both glamor and light to your room.
For this project you will need 3 22×28″ stretched canvases, bronze gold acrylic paint, a soft bristled brush, a roll of blue painters tape and a chevron pattern stencil. Check out the full tutorial on Jess Lively’s blog.
2. Recycle a wire bin and turn it into a beautiful side table (or a nightstand).
3. Make your pillows truly unique by applying creative designs.
Beauty is in the details. You can completely change the mood of your living room by switching up accessories – be it pillows, picture frames or wall art. Check out the tutorial for these pillows on Dear Lillie’s blog.
4. If you are an organizational freak, you will get the most profound feeling of satisfaction when looking at your books organized in a perfectly straight line!
The size of your book collection doesn’t matter. It will look stunning! Check out the super easy tutorial on whollyKao.
5. This floor lamp DIY is so ridiculously easy, a 5-year old could probably do it!
If you want to take it a step further, soak that robe in paint of your color choice and let it dry. Read the tutorial on The Lilly Pad Cottage.
6. Curtains can be rather pricey and often times you can’t find exactly what you are looking for. So, why not make them yourself!
Master basic sewing skills and you will not have to pay for curtains ever again. Check out the tutorial on Domestic Imperfection.
7. Turn your regular boring old coffee table into an elegant ottoman table that will look like it was purchased from a high-end store.
This project will require a bit of patience, but the result is so worth it! Learn the step-by-step process on the Not So Newly Wed McGees blog.