Summer is almost over. Sure, we still have a couple of weeks of warm weather ahead of us, but it won’t be long before we take our sweaters and jackets out of storage and start feeling nostalgic about the warm summer days. On the bright side, this season brings with it, Halloween, beautiful fall trees, cozy evenings by a fireplace, crispness of the air and, of course, Thanksgiving.
It is time to get your house ready for this magical season of the year. The good news is that you can do so by updating just a few items of your decor. Here are some ideas to get you started.
1. Add a couple of throw pillows in deeper yellow and orange colors.
2. Get creative with the season’s flower arrangements.
3. If you are up for a couple of more permanent changes, re-paint a few items of decor.
4. Even such a small thing as fall-themed placemats can transform the vibe of your dining area.
5. This is the time to make your house feel warm and welcoming, so bring out those cozy blankets!
6. What do you associate fall with? Incorporate the smells, tastes, colors, memories and holidays in your decor.
7. This is the perfect time of the year to experiment with fancier colors, such as gold.
8. Turn mason jars into adorable fall-themed candle holders.
9. Hit a flea market and search for some hidden treasures .
10. Decorate your walls with fall-themed paintings and prints
11. Put beautiful fall leaves on a string and strategically place them around the house.
Go a step further and paint them