Many people don’t like fall. We can’t understand why. Yes, it gets colder. Yes, it rains more often. However, it is nothing compared to how beautiful this season is. The world around us is full of red, orange and yellow colors. Families get together for Thanksgiving. And nothing can beat the pleasure of reading a book or watching your favorite movie to the sound of rain outside. You can also curl up in a warm blanket and catch up on your reading of some of the best articles across the web on architectural design.
1. Design Compass: The Comprehensive Interior Design Style Guide by @
This article provides a great overview of various interior design styles – the look, the background and how different interior design styles can be mixed and matched.
2. 4 FRESH AND BEAUTIFUL COLOUR PALETTES FOR FALL/WINTER by @italianbark
These color combinations are indeed beautiful. For example, Black + White + Klein Blue + Silver gives the space a calm, serene look, yet thanks to white and silver colors it doesn’t look gloomy.
3. SUPER SMALL WHITE KITCHEN by @
We absolutely feel in love with this tiny kitchen which is designed to perfection! The size of the kitchen does not prevent it from looking chic and airy. Absolutely gorgeous!
4. 10 MODERN LOFTS WE’D LOVE TO CALL HOME by@ on @You will spend at least an hour looking at the images of this brilliantly designed lofts. Ranging in architectural design styles, there is something for everyone.
6. 8 Room Design Tricks Interior Decorators Would Never Tell You for Free by @ on @
Most people hang artwork too high. Place a piece so its bottom is only three to eight inches above furniture—lower for large pieces and slightly higher for small pieces. When there’s too much space between furniture and a painting, the eye rests on the void, blank wall between the two pieces. Check out the article for more tips.
7. DIY Decor Projects Worth Tackling This Fall by Angela Elias on @From upgrading the look of your sofa to turning photos into wall art to building a tufted headboard – this article is a collection of amazing DIY projects ranging in the level of complexity and budget.
8. DIY Furniture Makeover: Shibori Stained Bench by @
10. How to Build a Shutter Side Table by @
Alright, this article was not exactly written in fall 2016, however, we found it through another article that was, so that counts. We had to include this DIY project on the list. Check out the article and you will see why
11. Kids Couch – 2×4 DIY Sectional with Crib Mattress Cushions by @
Ana White has put together a tutorial for an easy DIY kids couch made with 2x4s and crib mattresses. It’s inexpensive, easy to make and is perfect for kids.
Ingenious architectural design and home tech
This table transforms from a coffee table into a dining table in a matter of seconds. The design of it is both brilliant in its simplicity.